The Internet of things (IoT) is the extension of Internet connectivity into physical devices and everyday objects. Embedded with electronics, Internet connectivity, and other forms of hardware (such as sensors), these devices can communicate and interact with others over the Internet, and they can be remotely monitored and controlled. The extensive set of applications for IoT devices is often divided into consumer, commercial, industrial, and infrastructure spaces...
Few IOT Based applications are
- Smart Transportation - Self-driving cars with softwares, sensors and smart connectivity will change the transportation industry forever. Vehicles will drive on roads automatically without any manual activity
- Home Automation - Smart homes filled with connected products are loaded with possibilities to make our lives easier, more convenient, and more comfortable. These smart automation devices happen to have an interface with IoT.
- Smart Healthcare- IoT technology can help by sending reminders of when to take medication and to keep track of someone’s heart rate, sleeping hours, sufficient diet, exercise habits etc
- Smart Parking - IoT based cloud integrated smart parking technology, the used can easily check and monitor the availability of parking space at anywhere.
- Manufacturing – A lighting manufacturer for the horticultural industry built a Smart App that leverages IoT sensors and predictive analytics to perform predictive maintenance and optimize lighting, power consumption and plant photosynthesis.
- Media & Entertainment – An entertainment design and production firm uses sensors in turnstiles of venues to understand the foot traffic of people at events.
- Insurance – An insurance company offers policyholders discounts for wearing Internet-connected Fitbit wrist bands.
- Smart Grids -Smart grids are another area of IoT technology that stands out. A smart grid basically promises to extract information on the behaviors of consumers and electricity suppliers in an automated fashion